Service Department Policies during the ‘Safer-at-Home’ Order
Updated May 20, 2020
Because of the threat of COVID-19, Shelby County Government and all the major cities within have ordered a lockdown meant to stop the spread of the virus. Because of this, Protection Unlimited, Inc. adopted new safety procedures intended on serving our customers essential services while keeping everyone involved safe.
All services are now available. Service technicians and installers will remain vigilant and mindful of social distancing during the ongoing crisis.
Emergency Service: Emergency service is once again available for all customers.
Safety Protocol for Service Technicians
If we need to schedule a service call and visit you, please know that our technicians will adhere to the following rules:
- A new pair of gloves will be worn for each and every service call and the technician will put them on after exiting the work truck and before entering your home or business.
- Technicians will maintain at least 6 feet between themselves and you.
- At your request, the technician will wear a mask for the duration of the service call.
- The technician will NOT ask to use your restroom, accept any food or drink from you, or shake your hands. Jazz hands and finger guns are acceptable alternatives to hand shakes!
- The technician will NOT ask you to sign the service ticket.
- The technician will sanitize the inside surfaces of his work truck periodically using disinfectant wipes.
We are confident that the above guidelines in use by our service technicians will serve to keep everyone safe and healthy and allow us to continue to provide the best possible service available. However, if you believe we have omitted anything important please do not hesitate to call our office and share your thoughts!